The Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network is an entity facilitated by Independent Schools Queensland and provides this website based on the terms below.
You must not use this site, or any tools offered through this site, in a manner which; or upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site any material which:
- Violates or infringes the rights of others (including their intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights);
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- Restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this site;
- Affects the functionality or operation of this site or its servers or the functionality or operation of any user’s computer systems (for example, by transmitting a computer virus or other harmful component, whether or not knowingly); or
- Breaches any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority, including authorities which require us to take remedial action under any applicable industry code.
The information on this website is intended as a summary and a general overview. Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network endeavours to ensure the accuracy and currency of content. However, we make no guarantees.
Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network owns the copyright and all the material on its website including documents and publications, except where indicated. All content on this site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may only access content or non-commercial or personal use unless you have prior written approval from Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network. All other use, copying or reproduction is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law).
Links and Third Party Content
This website contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We make no representations about the accuracy or currency of the information on those websites, nor are we liable for their content, performance or availability.
Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network is not responsible for the content, availability or performance of external sites linking to this website.
The content of any material dealing with legal issues is intended to provide an information resource of interest to our specific audiences. No material with legal content constitutes legal advice and you may not rely upon it as such. Your use of the site or your receipt of legal material does not constitute a solicitor-client relationship between you and Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network or any of its employees, associates, agents or board members.
You may be required to register with us in order to access certain online services:
- Subscription to the Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network subscriber list is limited to parents and carers of students who attend a Queensland independent school.
All approved subscribers who register will be registered against the Queensland independent school in which they associate themselves with. Under this arrangement, Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network agrees to work with the individual subscriber to administer and maintain accurate user accounts.
Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network may suspend or block subscriber accounts for the following reasons:
Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network may refuse registration for the following reasons:
- The subscriber is does not associate themselves with a Queensland independent school.
- The subscriber is suspected of attempting to create multiple accounts for or on behalf of a suspended subscriber.
Terminate your subscription:
- To terminate your Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network subscription at any time through the Unsubscribe facility at the base of the emails. However, any content you have contributed to the website may continue to be available online after termination.
Data and security
The application, registration and self-service areas of this website are protected by SSL encryption to help ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information passed between your browser and our server. However, you must assist in maintaining the security of your information by protecting your password and having adequate anti-virus software and firewalls installed on your computer. We recommend that you:
- Create strong passwords including both alpha, numeric, an Upper Case letter, and a special character, for example, (!@#$%^&*();
- Do not use common dictionary words or names of family members or pets;
- Keep your password secure and protected;
- Keep only one record of your password;
- Do not tell any unauthorised person your password;
- Do not allow any unauthorised person to watch you login to the site or hear your password.
Contributing content online
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
Cooperation with authorities
We reserve the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of a lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information about anyone posting materials which the authority claims violates any applicable law.